CHEM 750/7500-01 - Heterogeneous Electrocatalysis
Semester: Winter 2023Professor: L. Chen | Discipline: Physical | Campus: Guelph
1. Introduce basic concepts in heterogeneous catalysis
2. Provide systematic, first principles approach to the science of surface reactivity
3. Unify heterogeneous catalysis and electro-catalysis
4. Illustrate by examples, primarily in energy transformations
Fundamental Concepts in Heterogeneous Catalysis. Jens K. Nørskov, Felix Studt, Frank Abild-Pedersen, and Thomas Bligaard. 2014 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Electrochemical Methods: Fundamentals and Applications. Allen J. Bard and Larry R. Faulkner. 2000 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Problem Sets (four total at 15% each), Final Project (40%)
There is no lab component for this course.
- Mon: 7:00 pm - 9:20 pm in MacN 101